8.17.2010

Tex Mex Mac and Cheese

{kid [and husband] friendly}
I've seen lots of variations on how to spice up Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, and some of the things people come up with are truly out of this world- and some, not all that appealing. I have heard lots of people rave about Tex Mex style though, so I 'Googled it on the Google machine' ($20 if you can name that movie reference) and thought to myself "hmm, that looks good, and easy, and cheap! 'By golly, I think I've got it'" (another $20 if you can name that movie reference). So I tried it, and of course adapted it to my own tastes- it's a hit with my husband, he seriously pulled a Napoleon Dynamite "yes!" with-fists-coming-down movement when I suggested this for dinner. 
Ingredients:
1/2 lb. of lean ground beef
1 box Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (and the ingredients to make it)
1 cup salsa
1/2 packet of Taco Seasoning (you can use the full packet if you want to add more hamburger)
Sour Cream to garnish
Grated Cheddar cheese, to garnish

Directions:
Prepare Macaroni and per the instructions on the box. While it's you're doing that (because you're supposed to be able to do two things at once, duh...) brown your ground beef in a medium pan. Once it's brown and cooked through, add taco seasoning and 1/2 cup water to the pan, stir and let simmer for 3-5 minutes. Then add 1/2 of the salsa to your taco meat, continue simmering for 3-5 minutes or until it's thickened up a bit. Then add your taco meat to your macaroni and cheese, mix well. Use the remaining salsa to top on top along with sour cream and grated cheese. Ole!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin it!