6.23.2010

Ham and Cheese Croissants

{breakfast food, redone!}
One thing I miss most about the Inn is the croissants. They were my absolute favorite things to eat. I miss them greatly. I got this idea the other day when the deli meats were on sale for $3. If you are thinking 'how in the world is that a sale?'... trust me, compared to the regular price of $5, it's definitely a sale. I basically had to buy some because that is just something I could not pass up. Thus, my idea occurred. However, I have to admit that I didn't make the croissants myself- it was too hot to bake and I knew I was strapped for time, so I cheated and bought the pre-made ones in the can. If you are interested in making your own, I highly suggest this one- it's my favorite! 
Ingredients:
1 container (or as much or as little as you'd like) deli ham (you could experiment and use turkey if you wanted)
1 block of Swiss Cheese (again, more or less- you could even try cheddar with the turkey)
4 strips of croissant bread dough cut into long, right triangles (throw in a little geometry for ya)

Directions:
Roll out one triangle of dough, and place 2-3 slices of ham on top. It's best to not bunch it up, instead lay them out flat. Then take 1-2 small slices of Swiss and place on top of ham. Roll up the dough starting at the larger end, ending with the smallest corner of the dough. Do this for each one, place on a greased baking sheet and bake at 375 F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. You can try serving with ranch dressing, if you're in the mood to try something different. :) 
This could be served for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even a snack!  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin it!